The Willow Tree Wedding
For Smoky Mountain Nature Lovers, up to 50 guests
This classic elopement package is named for our willow tree ceremony site. A Honeysuckle Hills classic elopement has a stronger emphasis on creative photography. It offers a more relaxing atmosphere, more flexibility and more time for traditional wedding expectations. Your wedding is the only wedding we will schedule that day, so the ceremony and photography times can be changed for the best weather conditions. We also have covered and indoor areas in case it rains. Our elopement packages are now priced both with and without our photography, so you’ll be able to use the photographer of your choice.
Relax and focus entirely on the excitement of marrying your sweetheart! View all of our photo galleries to see where more of your images might be created. After your ceremony, there’s time for family group photos and three more sites on our lower grounds. All images on our website and social media pages were created by Regina and Sierra unless specifically indicated otherwise.
Our willow is one of our most popular ceremony sites, but you can actually use any of our ceremony areas on the lower grounds if you change your mind. I love to meet with you the day before to give a venue tour and go over all the details, so this is when you’ll choose where to get married. In addition to the willow tree, we have a stone arch, wooden arbor, covered pavilion, and an indoor chapel upstairs. Each classic package has pricing for a variety of guest counts that it accommodates. Watch this video to see how a bride used a different ceremony site and added hair, makeup and mountain view photos.
The wedding willow’s limbs gently sway in the breeze with fairy lights and flickering lanterns for your ceremony. I planted the willow in 2008 and it’s been a joy to watch it grow. The willow has long been a symbol for endurance, making it one of our most popular ceremony locations. It’s the perfect spot for a hand fasting! During late fall, the willow lends itself to boho-style weddings with our hexagon arbor.
Our venue is best described as a huge photography studio with a bonus wedding ceremony. Photographers go absolutely nuts here! (including myself) We can adjust the ceremony time for better weather as long as it’s within daylight hours. The willow is also a popular location for wedding photographs whether you get married there or not. If it rains all day, we can easily use one of our covered or indoor areas for ceremony and photos.
I like to check in often while your hair and makeup is being done and take care of little things that might arise. I keep a few things on hand you might have forgotten like eyelash glue or bobby pins. I truly enjoy the extra time to get to know you and hear your love story. While you’re preparing to walk down the aisle, this is a great time for either me or your photographer to capture images of your dress, the rings, the bouquet and some images of the two of you getting ready. Unlike our mini-weddings, this package gives you a little wiggle room if things are running late. If your ceremony was scheduled for 4pm but doesn’t start til 4:30pm, that’s OK.
This wedding package will be scheduled during daylight hours, but you may add the upgrade to stay until dark for the night time images with backlight and ambient lantern glow.
This Package Includes:
- Access to 2 dressing areas 3 hours prior to ceremony for couples only.
• Access to dressing areas 4 hours prior to ceremony for weddings with guests.
• Officiant to perform the ceremony and file required TN marriage license.
• Wedding host and ceremony director.
• Ceremony site has permanent log bench seating.
• Optional shepherd hooks with vases of greenery and flowers closely matching your colors.
• Personal décor set up if you bring items such as guest book, pictures or wedding favors.
• Access to our Décor Closet (signs and décor vary as donated or replaced; I’ll put them out for you)
- Back up ceremony locations in case of rain include wedding chapel or covered pavilion.
• If it rains all day, photo locations include balcony, chapel window light, covered pavilion, indoor barn areas with swing and chandelier or use umbrellas and dance in the rain.
• Option to change outdoor ceremony location to any of our willow tree or creekside ridge.
Included if you choose our photography…
• Up to 1 hour of pre-ceremony photography for details and getting ready.
• Ceremony photography
•Family group photos, time spent related to guest count
• 45 minutes of photos of the two of you on our lower grounds (averages 3 locations).
• Lower grounds photo spots include waterwheel, creek areas, 1950 Ford truck, willow tree, hobbit-style bridge and house, arched bridge, miniature pond and waterfall, flower gardens and more.
• All photos in high resolution after editing included in online gallery with password to download to a computer and copyright release.
The Willow Tree Wedding Prices
Pricing With Our Photography
Includes On-line gallery & password to download all of your beautiful, high resolution images. The cost for additional guests allows us to add the time necessary to create your images and the extra staff and venue resources needed for a successful event.
Couples Only $1999 / $80 per additional guest
Pricing Using Your Own Photographer
Photographers are welcomed from the moment your dressing room access begins. They are granted one hour after the ceremony for couples only, an hour and a half for up to 25 guests, and two hours for up to 50 guests for all remaining photographs before venue time ends. Only the wedding party and immediate family members may use the dressing areas prior to the ceremony. All others are welcome to arrive one hour prior to ceremony.
The cost for additional guests allows us to add the time necessary to create your images and the extra staff and venue resources needed for a successful event.
Couples Only $1499 / $60 per additional guest
Weekday Discount, $100
Military / First Responder Appreciation Discount, $100 for up to 25 guests / $200 for 26 to 50 guests
Optional add-ons to any package
(If it doesn’t already include it.)
• Photography with our horses in the background – $99.
• Photography with horses up close & personal – $499.
They’ll run behind you and approach to touch, couple only, no children.
• Photographs at our mountain view, couple only – $299.
We currently drive you there in our Jeep.
• Photographs at our mountain view, entire family – $499.
This option available by Fall of 2023.
• Photographs at our mountain waterfall, couple only – $599.
Waterfall is off-site only 8 minutes away.
• Night photograph with the willow’s fairy lights – $499.
We’ll break for a snack while we wait for it to get dark.
• 1-tier wedding cake for photographs and take with you – $75.
• 2-tier 8” and 6” wedding cake for photos and take with you – $125.
• 3-tier 10”, 8” and 6” wedding cake for photos and take with you – $299.
• Hair and makeup per person by Summer Lynn, freelance artist – $200.
• Fresh flower bridal bouquet – $125.
• Fresh flower bridesmaid bouquet – $75.
• Fresh flower boutonniere – $20.
• Fresh flower wrist corsage – $40.
• Kris at From the Heart Florist will help you choose your flowers and will deliver on wedding day.